Practice of the Tarot, in a psychological and humanistic approach. (English spoken).
Know and use the 22 major arcana of the Rider Waite Tarot
in a non-predictive humanistic approach.
From now on, the masterclasses can also be followed online in English (Zoom),
divided into 21 Zoom sessions of 2 hours. Also in replay for participants.
Next masterclass: 21 Sundays, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. (Paris time), starting from November 13th, (following dates to be defined with the participants).
Registration deadline: November 1st (email@example.com).
See also our online French masterclasses.
Residential trainings in French: see split trainings and residential seminars.
You register for the full masterclass, consisting of 21 sessions of 2 hours, spread over 21 weeks (approximately 5-6 months).
If you missed a session, you have access to the recordings so you can catch up before the next session.
The recording of the sessions is accessible for life for all participants who have completed the training.
The price of the training is fixed at 475 €. An advance of 100 € is requested before the first session. The balance will be paid in three additional payments of 100 € and one last of 75 €, spread over the training. (10% reduction if the full price is paid at the beginning).
The first session is used to present the complete training and to answer questions from participants. If you wish, you can still unsubscribe after this session. In this case, the advance will be refunded to you.
The trainings are given in English. See also our French online masterclasses.
At the end of the training, you will receive a summary of it as a PDF syllabus.
The Rider Waite Tarot is mainly known today for its use in reading the future by fortune tellers. It is also used in a more occult approach in connection with Kabbalah, hermeticism or alchemy. I present here another tarot approach that is more a matter of coaching or psychological support. It is a humanistic and spiritual approach that I offer you through fun and interactive workshops.
We often hear that we must « put the mind to rest » or that we must « fight the ego and prevent it from directing us. » But our mind (and our ego) are also resources, just like our intuition or the signals of our body. Each tarot reading gives information that we can use to « reconcile the messages of the mind and intuition. » But for the tarot to give us relevant information, it is important to have our own decoding, not in line with the explanations found in the literature or with scholarly explanations, but with our own feelings. It is through exercises based on free associations, synchronicities and other creative tools that I offer you to discover your own words for each arcana, based on your essential being, your psyche and your perception.
Tarot is often uncompromising: if you want to use it effectively, you have to be honest with yourself. This may involve going to observe dark areas in your psyche, connecting to life experiences that you thought you had hidden forever. The discovery of the richness of the Tarot is accompanied by a work of introspection and self-knowledge, which can bring strong emotions to the surface and require a work of spiritual or psychological evolution. Of course, this is taken into account and we support you with kindness in this journey throughout the workshops.
It is not necessary to have a prior knowledge of the Tarot: the workshop is aimed at both beginners and people who wish to extend their practice.
To discover my approach, you can read this article in English or you can listen to the interview, (in French), made on CFM Radio Cordes.
To register, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Description of the training (21 sessions of 2 hours – dates are indicative and may be changed. All sessions are form 7pm to 9pm – Paris time):
- General presentation: methodology and objectives. Definition of the humanist and psychological approach: « The Tarot, a tool for accessing the unconscious. » Historical introduction.
- Meeting Self and Tarot. Everyone introduces themselves with the help of a tarot card and identifies the « disturbing cards ». Preparation for the rest of the training.
- The Devil (XV). Tame your dark side. Turn the negative into a positive. Find your power and your freedom.
- The Magician, the high Priestess, the Empress, the Emperor and the Hierophant (I to V). Discover a model for structuring and rebalancing the psyche (protocol VIII). Listen to all parts of our psyche.
- Model for structuring and rebalancing the psyche (protocol VIII – continuation).
- The 4 cardinal virtues: Justice (XI), Strength (VIII), Temperance (XIIII) and Prudence (?). Search for prudence in the Tarot.
- The classic allegories: The Wheel of Fortuna and the mastery of destiny (X), the Last Judgment (XX), Christ in Majesty and the tetramorph (XXI).
- The « Love Trio »: spontaneous writing about the Lovers (VI).
- Role-playing games, imagination, sound playing, seeing beyond the cards: The Chariot (VII), the Hermite (VIIII), the Fool. Similarities and differences between close cards.
- The cosmos: The Star (XVII) and the Sun (XVIII).
- The keys to changeover: The hanged Man (XII), the Tower (XVI).
- The cards that we « would not put in the living room »: Death (XIII) and other cards.
- Spontaneous reading. Exercises to help intuition: decoding proverbs, telling a story with the Tarot.
- Spontaneous reading and helping intuition (continuation).
- Group consultation. Presentation of a typical consultation. Reminder of the rules of the humanist approach.
- Practice of the cross draw. Practical exercises.
- Practice of draws and readings (continuation). Presentation of some standard draws.
- Analysis of dreams using the Rider Waite Tarot.
- Use of dream analysis to decode an arcana: The moon (XVIII). See how this method can also be used to decode minor arcana.
- Presentation of protocol XV: a session to reprogram limiting beliefs.
- Conclusions and clarifications according to the questions.
- At the end of this training, you will have:
- acquired a synthetic knowledge of the major arcana of the Rider Waite Tarot, replaced in their historical and symbolic perspectives;
- built a « personalized reading grid » for each major arcana, developed from playful and creative exercises;
- practiced an effective method of drawing and interpretation;
- approached the interpretation of dreams using the Rider Waite Tarot;
- discussed « protocol XV », a protocol for reprogramming limiting beliefs;
- discussed « protocol VIII », a protocol for rebalancing the instances of your psyche;
- received the basics to start (or continue) practicing Tarot drawing for yourself or others.
- In other words, you will have acquired:
- a tool for intuitive knowledge of yourself,
- a decision-making tool for all your choices (emotional, private, professional, spiritual, etc.),
- a tool for personal or spiritual development and transformation,
- a guidance tool to find your place in this life, here and now,
- a coaching and support tool for yourself or for others.
For the workshops, we use the Rider (Waite) Tarot Deck. If you have another tarot, let’s talk about it to see if your tarot is close enough to be used here.
To be prepared for the second session:
- Your Rider (Waite) Tarot Deck
- A notebook of 60 pages or more, (typically A5 format).
- A book that represents you.
What is « a non-predictive humanist approach »?
This means that we do not make predictions. Questions such as « Am I going to meet someone? » or « Will I succeed in my project? » will be replaced by: « What should I do to meet someone? », « What should I do to succeed in my project? » In this way, the consultant keeps his free will and is responsible for accepting or not the result of the reading of the cards, because he can always check intuitively if the answer suits him. It is for this reason that we can also make draws for ourselves, without being afraid of the answer. We will not fear that any event will occur, but we will be able to identify the emotion that this possibility generates in us. We will then have plenty of time to work on this emotion (or this fear), in the way we have decided.
Each participant is encouraged to find his own interpretation of the cards. Regardless of the meanings and explanations found in the literature, all that matters is what the tarologist (the person who reads the cards) feels for each of the arcana. It is only on this condition that reading can be fluid and spontaneous. The mind is then no longer an absolute leader, but a resource that collaborates with our intuition.
I am therefore not explaining the meaning of each card to you, but I am offering you different methods so that you can discover this meaning for yourselves: analysis, feelings, fears, synchronicities, spontaneous expression, writing little stories… We can also go beyond the iconography and the symbols present in the card: for the Emperor for example, we can base ourselves on what a character like Napoleon evokes for us, for the Hierophant, we can let us be inspired by the Dalai Lama to determine his qualities…
In addition to the card-by-card approach, the arcana are approached in small groups, say by « families », to determine the complementarities and the differences between them. For example, we create dialogues between the characters of the quartet formed by the Emperor, the Empress, the Hierophant and the High Priestess; we immerse ourselves in the thought of the ancients to extract the meaning of the 4 cardinal virtues, (strength, justice, temperance and prudence)… The objective is to refine our understanding of each arcana by discovering them in their relationships with others.
Some advice for new tarot readers:
Before you start:
- Fight back against received ideas
- Make a clean sweep of prior knowledge
- Dive deep into yourself
- Ask help from others if needed
- Reading: start with a very bad book
During the draws:
- Test on yourself
- Trust your subconscious
- Question your certainties, forget your ego
- Be positive, believe in abundance and synchronicities
- Go to the heart of emotions
- Be detached from your own fears
- Be connected to the other without judgment (mirror)
- Do not set goals, be detached
- Be fair
- Don’t make predictions
- Have a friend or two on hand to practice with.
To register, or for more information, you can contact me:
– by phone: +33 (0)7 84 37 80 33, (please leave a message),
– by email: email@example.com.
See you soon…
Conférences – Ateliers « Tarots » – Connaissance de Soi – Consultations – Plusieurs tarologues – Cafés Tarots
Lectures – Agenda – Contact – Inscriptions
Numéro SIRET : 848 134 821 000 18 (Tarot Prendeignes – Grand Figeac – France)